There are 5 sections to this topic. Select from the following:
- General characteristics of MAP, including microbiology, host range, and environmental distribution.
- Resistance to heat, cold, irradiation, and chemicals.
- Survival outside the animal host, including in soil, water, manure digesters, and in compost.
- Why so resistant?, the basic biology behind why MAP is so hard to kill.
- Is MAP in food and water? This page updates the latest research about the presence of MAP in things we eat and drink.